04 March, 2014

Thoughts on Thirty

Well, the inevitable has happened.  I'm 30!  I thought it was going to be terrible and horrible and I would be supremely depressed.  The other day I was talking with my boss and he commented that thirty was no big deal for him, it just came and went without him caring that much about it.  As he was saying that, I was remembering that he married his high school sweetheart at age 21 or 22.  So, as I accusingly pointed my finger his way I said, "But, you were married when you turned 30."  And he said, "Well...yeah, that does make a difference I guess."  And that's what I used to think.  What if I'm 30 and still not married?! Oh the horror!

Well I'm here to tell you that I DO want to get married.  I DO want to have children.  More than anything else I have ever wanted in my life.  But I do not wish that it had happened for me years ago and that I was turning 30 with those things.  My life is following the Lord's plan and obeying His time-table for me, not mine.  And I'm at peace with that.  Therefore, turning 30 is ok!  In fact, I'm pretty much the same today as I was yesterday when I was still 29, right? :)

 AND let us not forget that a birthday is a birthday, no matter how old! So I get to be spoiled today, get to eat cake and awesome food and spend the day feeling love pouring in from all sides.  AND I get to spend the evening with amazing people.  I'd say turning 30 is pretty much as awesome as turning any other age!  Let the life-progression continue. Happy day.

1 comment:

  1. good attitude. :) one of my best friends just turned 30 (not married, no kiddies, etc.) and she felt the same way. all that stuff will happen at the perfect time, and you have lots to enjoy now, so enjoy! happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete