01 August, 2009

Let me 'splain...no, there is too much. Let me sum up...

Posting on my blog has taken a backseat to...well...everything. If I were to provide an account of everything that has happened since my last post, it would be terribly long and no one would read it. Therefore, I shall resort to summing up, even though it's not quite as good.

At the beginning of July, my roommates and I made the decision to move out of our sub-standard (no really) apartment, and into Sarah's mom's old house that she hasn't been able to sell. Shortly afterward, we decided to re-do 3 of the upstairs bedrooms before we moved in. To make a long story short, we now despise wallpaper with a passion! After working 16 hour days for about 2 weeks, and painting on a Saturday from 8am to midnight, we finally finished and moved in the following Tuesday. Here are some before and after pictures.This is my bedroom. See the holes in the wall? Yeah, that's right, the brilliant people that put up the wallpaper glued it right to the drywall. Sweet.
After we got off most of the wallpaper, we had to goo-gone all the sticky tack and glow-in-the-dark stars off the ceiling, plaster and sand the holes in the walls, then prime the whole room, and then finally paint it with paint that included primer.

Look how nicely it turned out though!

I can't believe we called this "home" just a week and a half ago.
Our new house! It was built in 1969...gotta love that flat roof!


The view from my new bedroom. Love it.

The weekend of July 11th, my daddy, and brother and sisters came out for the weekend for Grandpa's 75th birthday party. We had a blast with family, and we really enjoyed the birthday party at a park in a canyon outside of Bountiful. Here are a few fun pictures.

My dad's dad and stepmom, brothers and sister

Grandchildren and Great-Grandchildren

Yes, those are M&M's. My family is fancy... :-)

4 comments:

  1. ELISA!!! Or maybe A-lisa or Eliiiisa (with the cooookie-crisp voice...silly Nate) I'm so excited that you have a blog...this way I can sorta know what's going on with you! Sounds like you have been busy! I keep telling Nate the we need to go to Living History Farms and think about our fun at the Farm and how you got to go to Living History Farms when you were little! Yea for blogs (even if I'm terrible about keeping mine updated!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's not true. Odds are good that SOMEBODY would read it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the paint job, that's a lot of work!
    Our family is pretty fancy (I just can't take any share in that claim). = )

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had written on M&Ms at our wedding. So we are fancy too!

    ReplyDelete