While we only had 6 people there, it was still a good time, and we probably spent about 2 hours, just talking and laughing at the park.It was a beautiful day and we even fed the ducks!
Then we spent Friday evening with Sara's family at a barbeque at her grandparents' house. Sara and I helped cut up watermelon and cantaloupe and other things not quite as pleasant (I hate cutting onions).
We then spent the rest of the evening outside in their beautiful back yard eating entirely too much food, talking, and enjoying a firework show put on by Sara's dad, brother, and cousins. It was really a lot of fun! Saturday morning began early as we headed to Sara's other grandparents' house for a HUGE breakfast, complete with eggs, hash browns, pancakes, sausage, bread, and fruit. We spent the morning being lazy and enjoying being outside. I fell asleep in a chair which meant that I was sunburned when I woke up (shocking, I know). We went to sit by the pool with the family for a while, and Sara and her sister Kim were pulled into the pool, fully dressed! I managed to escape, thank goodness. I'm pretty sure Sara's cousins were a bit hesitant about throwing the unfamiliar girl (roommate, is she?) into the pool, too! We spent the afternoon at Sara's mom's house watching a movie and napping after a huge (and again, free) lunch of KFC. Then we headed to Sara's sister's husband's grandparents' house (confusing, I know) for more free food! After that we walked through a neighbor's backyard that led us to a beautiful golf course overlooking the valley.
We watched a great fireworks show free of cheesy patriotic music accompaniment, and drove home! I'm pretty sure I ate enough food for 2 weekends, but it was all free, how could I refuse! It was a great weekend and I'm glad I had people to spend the holiday with.
Then we spent Friday evening with Sara's family at a barbeque at her grandparents' house. Sara and I helped cut up watermelon and cantaloupe and other things not quite as pleasant (I hate cutting onions).
We then spent the rest of the evening outside in their beautiful back yard eating entirely too much food, talking, and enjoying a firework show put on by Sara's dad, brother, and cousins. It was really a lot of fun! Saturday morning began early as we headed to Sara's other grandparents' house for a HUGE breakfast, complete with eggs, hash browns, pancakes, sausage, bread, and fruit. We spent the morning being lazy and enjoying being outside. I fell asleep in a chair which meant that I was sunburned when I woke up (shocking, I know). We went to sit by the pool with the family for a while, and Sara and her sister Kim were pulled into the pool, fully dressed! I managed to escape, thank goodness. I'm pretty sure Sara's cousins were a bit hesitant about throwing the unfamiliar girl (roommate, is she?) into the pool, too! We spent the afternoon at Sara's mom's house watching a movie and napping after a huge (and again, free) lunch of KFC. Then we headed to Sara's sister's husband's grandparents' house (confusing, I know) for more free food! After that we walked through a neighbor's backyard that led us to a beautiful golf course overlooking the valley.
We watched a great fireworks show free of cheesy patriotic music accompaniment, and drove home! I'm pretty sure I ate enough food for 2 weekends, but it was all free, how could I refuse! It was a great weekend and I'm glad I had people to spend the holiday with.
Fun! That looks like Liberty Park. I love that park!
ReplyDeleteWe didn't have anything planned and ended up with Rich's parents over at the last minute. We're so boring now that we have kids.
Fun! I love 4th of July. Mostly I love days off school.
ReplyDeleteSounds a lot like our 4th, lots and lots of food. :)
ReplyDelete