27 June, 2009

You Have Swine Flu!!!

Last Wednesday night I started to get a bit of a scratchy feeling in my throat, which caused a slight cough. By Thursday night, I was dying. Okay, I wasn't actually dying, but my roommate, Heidi, thought I might be. I had a fever and a very painful cough, which caused me to lose my voice. Heidi was convinced that I had swine flu. She kept yelling it through the house, "You have swine flu! You have swine flu!" and I would yell back in my disappearing voice "No I don't!!" It was all in good fun, but truthfully, being that sick was NOT fun. I wasn't able to go see my dear friends Ryan and Kara at the hospital on Friday, when they had their baby boy, Sammy. I missed a ward camping trip to Bear Lake. I missed hearing Sister Bonnie Parkin speak at a stake activity. I missed Friday and Monday at work and was very weak and tired. Thank goodness for home teachers who worthily hold the priesthood. I got a blessing, and they brought me chicken soup. My fever was gone the next morning! I made it back to work on Tuesday, and then went to see my new favorite baby in the whole wide world, Sammy Reynolds. He is SO CUTE!! He was 5 days old when I met him. Ryan, Kara, and Sammy left for Alaska this Thursday evening, a week after Sammy was born. They will be gone until mid-August. Sad! I am very glad that I got to meet little Sammy before they left. He'll be 2 months old when they get back! I already miss them.

2 comments:

  1. What a cutie!
    I'm glad you don't have swine flu!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so tiny! What a sad weekend though. Glad you feel better.

    ReplyDelete