17 July, 2010

MoTab Rocks!

Last night Heidi and I went to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Pioneer Commemoration Concert at the Conference Center downtown. It was amazing! They sang many of their popular/traditional songs, and talked about their recording history over the past 100 years. They have some amazing stories! We were blessed to hear them sing the "Hallelujah Chorus", "The Battle Hymn of the Republic", "Amazing Grace" complete with bagpipes, and many more, including "Come, Come Ye Saints." The technology and the beautiful buildings that we are blessed with in this age is wonderful. And it is all because of the people who suffered as they walked across the plains to escape persecution and find a place where they could worship freely. I am so grateful for the immense struggle that the pioneers went through over 150 years ago, so that I can go to the beautiful (air conditioned) Conference Center and listen to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, in person. Of course that is not the only thing that I am blessed with because of their sacrifice. There are many, many other blessings that I couldn't list here in this blog post, even if I tried. But the blessing of music is what I thought about last night, as I sat there and marveled at the beauty of the choir, the building, the structure of the organ, the sound ringing through that great assembly hall. How blessed we are to live in this day!

2 comments:

  1. We are truly blessed.
    Sounds like a wonderful concert, I hope they do it next year so I can go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to see a new post on your blog. Sure wish we could hear Grandpa Bush singing with the choir again; those times are some of my best memories.

    ReplyDelete