04 March, 2010

26 years and counting...

26 years old...that's me today! I originally thought that sounded quite old...but after contemplating it for a while (and talking with others who are older), I've come to the conclusion that I'm still young! (I decided that I had better come to this realization and share it quickly before someone older punches me in the face.)

When I woke up this morning I had a great feeling of gratitude to my Father in Heaven for blessing me with life, with the opportunity to have been on this earth for 26 amazing, light-filled years so far, and for the people that I've had in my life. I LOVE my family and friends, both old and new, and I wouldn't want my life to be any other way! My experiences are tailored just for me, and how grateful I am for that.

I had a birthday dinner party tonight at Red Robin (did you really think I'd try somewhere NEW?) and it was great fun. A bunch of my friends came, and the love of my life, baby Sammy! I'm completely happy and content to just sit around talking and laughing with people I love (and a raspberry milkshake). It was wonderful.

This past weekend my sister Tiffany came to visit. We had a blast! We slept in, went to a movie, had dinner with Aunt Shelby and Jodie, slept in, went to a gathering at Aunt Bonnie's house, went to see Grandma and Grandpa's old house and their graves, went to dinner at Macaroni Grill to celebrate Tiff's birthday with Bonnie, George, and Heidi, slept in, went to church, went to a fireside and listed to Sister Bednar speak, slept in, went to hang out with Ryan, Kara, and Sammy, went to Red Robin, and went to the Garden Park Ward. What a great time!
I am pretending that it is spring. This morning was so nice outside in the sun, and I just can't WAIT for warmer weather (she says as it is dumping snow outside...lame). I always thought that I loved winter more than summer, and I loved snow more than rain or sun. BUT I've realized this year that I am much more of a warm-weather girl than I ever thought I was! So bring on the heat, because I'm READY!!! Too bad we've got a few more months to go. Winter is boring. Summer is fun. And there are more colors...like green! The end.

3 comments:

  1. happy birthday elisa! glad to see you are doing well. :) and NO, 26 is not old! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Sounds like it was awesome!
    Shelby and Jodie really enjoyed having you over, they told me how nice it was when we were in California this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just now reading this blog, and I love the photo of you and Tiffany. You are both so cute! It's so nice to have you close-by even though we don't see each other too often. At least I know you're here, and you know I'm here for you!

    ReplyDelete