08 July, 2012

Week 2 Update

Another week full of days 1-7, Sunday to Saturday.  I did pretty well with exercise this week.  I went for a 30-40ish minute walk on Tuesday night, went running on Thursday morning (and by "running" I mean run 1 minute, walk 2 minutes for a total of 20 minutes), and I went to the gym on Friday morning for about 45 minutes, and actually got a pretty workout.  I feel good about that amount of activity for the week!  However, I didn't do so well with the whole eating part.  I sort of let myself eat whatever I wanted over the 4th of July holiday and the weekend while my sister was here.  Tiffany and her roommate Andrea came to visit this weekend.  We had so much fun!  We ate too much and had a lot of fun just doing nothing.  It was a really chill weekend and a great way to end my little stay-cation before going back to work tomorrow.  I had a disaster of a dream about work last night, I guess I'm not really excited about going back.:)  Oh well, such is life.  Go to work, go to work, go to work.  You'd think I'd be used to it by now, huh?  Hopefully one day I can say I actually WANT to do what I do, instead of just HAVING to do what I do.  Although I have been much happier doing what I have to do as of late, so that's nice.  I enjoy working with the people I work with and that's a big deal, so that makes it easier.  Also, I think my second job is helping a lot, it creates a better balance in my life.  For those who don't know, I'm working part time as a tour guide at Wheeler Farm!  I LOVE it.  It is just a relaxing, laid back job doing something that is actually fun and I really enjoy it.  It doesn't even really feel like work most of the time.  It has been a great blessing for me.  Anyway, here's to another week of trying hard to eat better, exercise, and take care of myself!

3 comments:

  1. What days are you at Wheeler Farm?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually Thursdays and Saturdays, 11-3. I do tours of the old house that's there, and sometimes school tours for the entire farm but those have slowed way down because it's summer.

      Delete
  2. We love Wheeler Farm, we'll have to come say hi!

    ReplyDelete