17 July, 2012

Week 3 Update

Sorry I'm late!  I didn't get a chance to write about last week on Sunday. So let's see, last week. Uh...can we just skip this update?  Last week wasn't the greatest.  But that's how achieving goals goes, doesn't it?  Sometimes we do well, sometimes we falter or step back.  If we didn't we'd be perfect and wouldn't need to set goals in the first place.  Bettering ourselves is hard work, but if we stick to it, it can be done!

Last week I ate a little too much ice cream and cookies and exercised only one day.  I have a little problem with sugar.  I can stay away from fatty foods or even carbs like breads and pasta and rice if I really put my mind to it, but sugar takes ALL of me to resist or cut back on.  So difficult!  So this week, no more cookies and ice cream!  I went to the gym today (Tuesday) and had an excellent workout with my friend Nikki from work.  It was even fun!  I'm excited to go again tomorrow night after work and then most likely Thursday before the farm and possibly Friday after work as well.  That's 4 times!  We'll see if I can make that happen.  If not, at least 3 times is the goal so if I meet instead of exceed my goals that's still great. :)  I hope everyone has a happy week!

3 comments:

  1. Ryan and I shame-facedly take responsibility for feeding you crappy food when you babysit for us. Sorry! Babysitting Sammy is like exercise, though, right? And in a pinch, Benjy is a great substitute barbell if you don't mind drool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha. Ya, really bad food here at your place. Oh well, you're moving away anyway. I'll be good after aug:)

      Delete
  2. You can do it!!! :)
    ...I'm also hoping to one day conquer my ice cream addiction. And french fries. Those are going to be the death of me!

    ReplyDelete