Well, stay tuned for the "health update" next week, I've decided not to write on any of that this week.
On a different note...
I had the opportunity to visit the Manti, Utah Temple yesterday. I had never been down to Manti before, and I was so excited to get to see this Temple and go inside and serve. For more information on LDS Temples, click here. The trip down to Manti was a ward event and we each chipped in a bit of money and were able to get a big charter bus so we could all travel down together. Manti is about 2.5 hours southish of Salt Lake City (there is a bit of east in there as well). It was a great time riding the bus with everyone. We talked and laughed and got to know each other. As I was sitting there watching everyone converse and have a good time, I was struck with how blessed I am. I thought about how grateful I am to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I am so happy to be blessed with the knowledge that Christ lives and that if we keep our covenants and try our best, we can live with him again someday. It was amazing to be on that bus, surrounded by other temple-goers that believe in Christ and have a testimony of his Gospel. I love being surrounded by people who are trying their best to keep their covenants and be the Christ-like people we should be. It's amazing!
When we arrived at the Temple we drove right up to the doors and the driver let us off the bus. We had some time before our session started, so we were able to walk around the grounds and take in the beauty of the House of the Lord. I took a few pictures.
Beautiful Temple on the outside, and it was even more beautiful on the inside. My first thought as we entered was "oh! I so wish I could take pictures inside!" I guess I'll just have to keep the images inside my mind :-) It was a very nice session and I so enjoyed being there with everyone. I love the Temple!
On our way home we stopped for lunch at Wendy's and then headed back to Salt Lake. When we arrived at home my SISTER was here! Tiffany is staying with me for about 7 weeks while she is between semesters at BYU-I. I'm so excited to have her here! We spent the evening unpacking and finding places for all of her things, grocery shopping so we can actually eat this week (as opposed to last week, haha) and then we took some pizza to Ryan at his last night at his hospital job. Ryan and Kara and Sammy and Benjy are moving to Wyoming in just a few weeks. It breaks my heart that they are leaving, I've never not lived by them as long as I've known them. It's very sad, but I'm also very excited for their new adventure and Ryan's new job teaching Institute. We had a good time eating pizza and talking. What a wonderful day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You've made me want to go to the Manti temple even more now. I've still never been! I'm glad you had such a great time. :)
ReplyDeleteWhere in Wyoming is Ryan moving?
ReplyDeleteThe new temple president, Elder and Sister Grimshaw are very good friends of ours. Elder Grimshaw served as Jim's executive secretary when he was first called to be a bishop. He was so helpful to Jim because he had been a bishop, a stake president, in several bishoprics, and was a patriarch before they moved into our ward. What a wonderful couple they are. They raised 10 children in the middle of all that, too. I've been inspired to visit the Manti Temple by your blog. I've never been there! I'm so proud of you.
ReplyDelete